Bruce Evans began trading as Leda Machinery Pty Ltd
Wholesale sales of woodworking machinery to over 50 tool stores and machinery stores around Australia
Began retail sales and moved into a new showroom on Richmond Road Richmond SA
Gained KDT sole Australian agency for world class edgebanding machines, CNC routers, etc
South Eastern Machinery in Dandenong started trading as Leda Machinery Victoria
Leda Machinery Head Office moved to larger showroom & warehouse
Premier agents secured in all Eastern States
Austwood Machinery : Leda Machinery NSW
Darcy Glister Agencies : Leda Machinery QLD
Passing the Baton
After 60 years in the Woodworking machinery business Bruce Evans sold LEDA to 3 senior and long -term LEDA people ensuring a seamless transition thanks to their experience, knowledge and commitment to the principals that LEDA was built on.
The emphasis remains on improving and delivering real world value to LEDA customers with the friendly ‘Australian owned and operated’ style that has always been the cornerstone of LEDA Machinery.
New owners :
Colin Clisby. 17 years with LEDA. National Sales Manager. Adelaide based
Andrew Masters. 17 years with LEDA. General Manager. Adelaide based
Peter Schilling. 25 years with LEDA . Director. Melbourne based
1st year trading as Leda Machinery Australia Pty Ltd
1 year down and Leda Machinery Australia is going from strength to strength.
- 65 containers imported in our first 12 months
- Busy year of updating policies and procedures with the emphasis on providing our customers with the best service in the industry.
- National dealer support program setup to assist and provide resources and backup for our premier agents, Leda Machinery Vic, Leda Machinery NSW and Leda Machinery QLD
- Western Australian Sales Manager employed to provide sales and service in WA.
- National Marketing Manager employed to keep our online and digital presence with up to date information and providing our new and existing customers with product news, new models and special deals.
- Head office and Adelaide showroom have received a coat of paint, new signage and new staff amenities.
- New logo rolled out, our main machinery partner KDT providing the inspiration for the new design
Continued growth driven by
- Dedicated Customer Service
- Best Value for Money Equipment
- Huge Stocks Ensuring Availability
- Over 1100 shipping containers of machinery supplied to satisfied customers Australia Wide